Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

First Time

On Sunday a friend invited me to a benefit dinner for a Hatian organization at a place called The Hive. I have heard a lot about The Hive but had only been on a couple occasions. It is where Food Not Bombs is run out of, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to check it out and meet some new people, and I did. One girl I met is in my meet up group, so it was good to actually meet her for the first time. After dinner there was live music and everyone just hung out and talked about stuff. When we finished I dropped of my friend and since I had spent most of the evening talking about it, I decided to check out the dumps on my way home. I recently cleaned out the refrigerator and got rid of all the old stuff which turned out to be most of everything in there.. so there was plenty of room for all the fresh stuff I brought home.
I found:
2 bunches of celery
2 bags of Florida tangerines
bag of clementines
2 bags of oranges
4 bell peppers
tomato
kiwi
red onion
jar of baby dill pickles
10lb bag white potatoes
2 bags bagles
block of muenster cheese
3 packages fresh herbs
cauliflower
bag of frozen fries
big ole spare ribs

It seemed like I hadn't gone alone in a while and I was already pumped from a lovely evening with my friend, so I was really having a good time when I got in and started finding stuff! I was excited about the ribs, although I probably wont end up eating(much of)them... Some of the citrus was bad as you can see, but the rest are still good. I think Ill juice them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails