Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

Second Round

I went back to school on Friday night after leaving a friends graduation party. While at the party I asked my friend to name three things that she needed to which she replied "shoes(size 8), shampoo(head and shoulders) and.. well i dont remember what else she said. I said I wanted shoes, an ipod, a lamp and a computer. When I arrived at school I made my circle around the first set of dorms but I never made it around to the rest. It was a very warm outside and it was getting very late, or early, and I had begun dripping sweat while looking through the last bin I visited. In the humid wee hours, I was not too fond of the idea of taking the time to fill a third bag and biking home, especially with all the stuff I had already found.. So I collected my booty and took off. When I got gome I spread out my findings and took inventory of everything. I was pleased to have gotten most things on my wish list:

* indicates a wish list item

~ bottle laundry detergent (cant ever have too much, can you?)
bottle dish detergent
*bottle shampoo(head and shoulders!)
box of Swiffer wet pads
roll of toilet paper (a rare and valuable find)
box of microwave popcorn bags
box of Crest Whitestrips
bottle face wash
bottle cologne
bottle perfume
TI-93 graphing calculator
stopwatch
*webcam and mic (for a friend who has been needing one)
2 sets of headphones
USB cable for blackberry/razor
PS2 boxing game
*Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop
Integrated chinese workbook
missclaneous jewelry(no gold this time..)
The Science of Self Realization
pair of tweezers
bottle opener
cotton bath towel
*faux leather cowboy boots (size 7)
*30-gig Zen MP3 player
glass box
*small dry erase board (a request Ive been looking for)
an umbrella

All the electronics need to be charged but appear to work. guess most stuff is going to the yard sale pile in my apartmet unless anyone wants it..







1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael, I found your blog through freegan.info. Good work! I am in the Chicago-area suburbs, not in the city, so I started diving solo after reading some books.

    I started a blog but have not been posting as regularly as you: http://northshorefreegan.blogspot.com/

    I've slowed down on diving recently because almost all the stores around me have renovated and built compactors. One mega-chain store still has dumpsters but they share a lot with the police department (!) and are always really busy taking trash out and have security driving by so often that it's almost not worth the stress and lack of sleep to sneak out at 2 am. And I haven't found anyone to dive with me. Still, I feel so sad when I am IN the store and see them loading up the big carts on Sunday mornings...

    Anyway, I will keep reading your blog and hope that will inspire me to dive some more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails