Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ham croissant with mango-apricot spread


Last night my best friends and I decided to watch a movie and hang out at my house all night. Before we watched settled down to watch "Dead Zone" starring Christopher Walkin, which was awful by the way, we decided to make a little snack. Laura and I had made a version of the ham croissants a few nights before so we decided to try it again, changing the things that we talked about last time. We sliced the croissants and put ham on each one.


 We decided to make a mango-apricot spread so I cut up some of the dried pineapple flavored mango slices I had and put them in a small sautee pan with some apricot preserves, water and sugar. I added some cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg and reduced it a bit. I put the mango-apricot spread on the bottom and put them in the oven to bake at a medium-low temp so that the ham would get hot and without burning the croissants.







While they baked I while I grated an apple and shredded some pepper jack cheese to top the sandwiches with. When the ham was ready I spread the apple and then cheese on each one and put it back in to broil for a minute longer.


Once the cheese had melted, they were ready.


The results were exceptional; Ive never had anything quite like them before, although a few things could still be improved the next time around..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails