Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A great day

The next day was very full and productive. I got the wardrobe armoire that I had been keeping my eye on at the furniture consignment store, got it moved in, cleaned up and situated in my room. I went to work for a meeting and then came back home to get ready for the belated Christmas dinner. It was so much fun! All the food was delicious; it was great to attend a dinner party as a guest and not have to worry about cooking anything for a change! So we had good food and good wine with good friends. At the end of the evening, I was quite pleased with the day's accomplishments. To top it off, I decided to stop again at the near by grocery store. I haven't made a list, but here's most of what I found:

~70 various frozen Lean Cuisine and Stauffers frozen dinners
several organic potatoes
~15 limes
a few lemons
some tomatoes
lettuce
baby organic carrots with tdip
a few other miscellaneous veggies

Not a really long list, but a very large load. Since there's no room left in my fridge or freezer, I just left them in a box on the back porch. Its so damn cold that they'll be fine out there for a while, at least until it snows or rains again..
The other day I responded to an ad on craigslist from a woman asking for food. She told me about her five children and husband who recently lost his work, so I was obliged to offer her a big box of food. Unfortunately for both of us, she never responded the next day to set up a time to come get it.. Im not sure why she never made it or even responded, but it was kind of disappointing. I was excited about being able to help. So I invited my lovely neighbor over to do some shopping, who was very thankful and appreciative, although she brought something to my attention. When people are over at my house and I offer them food from my packed fridge and full table, they are timid to take what they want, afraid that they are taking all my food. I try to reassure them that I have a seemingly endless supply and will never run out, but they are still reluctant to take a lot of stuff. Something else for me to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails