Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Soup and Salad

The other day my friend came over for lunch and I took it as an opportunity to get creative with the random stuff I had left over. I was trying to get the fridge cleared out in anticipation for an upcoming dive so I heated up some leftover peanut soup and made a yummy salad with some romaine lettuce and honey mustard dressing.
The salad was made using the last of some honey mustard dressing mixed with some mustard sauce. I made some croutons with some old bread and toasted some sunflower seeds while the soup heated up. I added some salt, pepper, dried dill and other herbs to the salad before mixing it all up. It was very tasty with the crisp romaine lettuce and herbed croutons.

Peanut Soup
2-3 cups stock or just water
1 small onion
1 small sweet pepper
1 hot chili
1 clove garlic
1 carrot and/or
sweet potato
1 tomato
1cup peanut butter

Combine everything in a big pot and cookr til veggies are tender. Reduce heat and add peanut butter, stir and simmer till thick and smooth. You can add or omit just about anything you want to this recipe. This soup is best served over fufu but fine on its own. This is an important model for making up other soup recipes whenever I have odd leftover in the cabinet and can be used in many variations. In the one I ate with lunch, I added coconut milk, ginger, corn, cinnamon and a few coffee beans for good measure.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be right over! Yum! No, I'm probably a little far away (I'm in Seattle).

    http://thriftandriches.blogspot.com/

    A site that combines freebies, contest listings, frugality ideas, links to coupons and deals, and money-making opportunities.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails